View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 06:25 AM

It does depends on what guitar you want to get. For example, prices of Martin guitars in Australia are pretty good, you usually end up a little more than when imported, then you start to think why bother all the hassle through customs. Another example is Rainsong gutars, Big Music in Sydney is the only authorised dealer and distributor, hence cutting all the middle chains, the prices they offer there are cheaper than when you actually get it imported from US on your own. On the other hand, for all Taylor fans from Aussie, I find substantial savings is possible if you are interested in getting 300 series and above. Another is Mcilroy guitars, here in Aussie they go for at least AUD5k for a standard model. I bet you can get one Mcilroy with customs and GST included for like AUD3.8k, and that is at least AUD1k savings.

For those of you Aussies who does a bit of travelling to Singapore, check out BGW Guitars, lots of good 2nd hand taylors and other good value new guitars like Furch/Stonebridge, lakewood, Rainsong, Collings. They also ship to Australia.

I guess our AUD has played a big advantage in our overseas purchase.
Lindsay Marcus D - Sitka/Madi RW

Gone But Not Forgotten
Tom Sands Model S (Crystal) - Italian/Fiddleback Hog