View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 11:05 PM

As I have related other places, an acoustic guitar was given to me when I about 8 years old, right place, right time - Dad and I were at his manager's house for dinner and his wife had just bought a new acoustic....and I was was staring with mouth open as she played folky sort of things...and she gave me her old acoustic!

Wahoo! But then...what do I do with this thing? No idea!

And the parents openly discouraged me from being a guitar player but after a relentless campaign for guitar lessons, I was sent to a class lesson arrangement at a music school. Hooray!

And we learned the hard way, old school rap on the knuckles learn the music notes on paper, in your head before transferring to the guitar board......phew!

Now after brushing up regularly over the years, I thank the teacher mentally daily as I sight read my huge amount of guitar oriented music books - the ones in the early days were real stinkers written by a sax player or such but these days, the guitar books are sensational. No excuse really, is there? Arrangements with music, Guitar Tab, famous songs and tunes and...everything under the sun!

And I keep buying the books, prefer them to online stuff - finish with it, put it in the bookshelf! Grab that one another time.....no searching online ( I do database searching as part of my job and don't really want to look at a computer any more than I have to - forum except! .....)

BluesKing777.