View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 01:20 AM

Well actually Im an Aussie, but been living in Prague for past 8 yearsh, happily.

My suggestion would be to visit Brno and the main Furch showroom, but then spend a few days in Prague as Brno is nice but its a smallish provincial city, while Prague is simply the most beautiful city in Europe in my humble opinion. There is also a Furch dealer 5 mins from my house in Prague, drop me a line when youre in Prague and we could roadtest a few together.

cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohanEA View Post

@Gibbyprague – I’ll make sure to visit the showroom – and not leave until I’ve tried every single guitar By the way, now that I’m speaking to a native Czech, I was wondering if there’s anything else you can recommend that I see, now that I’m in Brno? And do you have any general tips/advices to a tourist visiting Czech for the first time? I’m also very glad that Furch and Czech generally can provide me with such well built instruments for a reasonable price – one of the main reasons beside the quality and sound that I’ve chosen to buy a Furch guitar is to support the “European economy”, how silly that may sound, I think it is important to not just throw your money after a guitar produced in Asia, but to support Europe(especially now in times of Recession) I see no reason why I shouldn’t use that extra bit of money and travel down and see under exactly what conditions my instrument is made under.
The Pickers 43' Gibson LG-2, 09' Furch OM 32SM (custom) , 02' Martin J-40
The Beater 99' Cort Earth 100
What we do on weekends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/doubleshotprague