View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 08:44 PM

Yeah, Guitar Center is not the greatest. Unfortunately, it's the only store around that has instruments that I would be interested in. I try to buy online from Musician's Friend (same company, I know, but I've had good experiences with them so far) and Amazon when I can. I wish I could order the exact guitar I want through the web!

There was an older fellow working the acoustic section at the second GC I visited. He seemed like a nice guy that knew his stuff, as opposed to most of the young people like myself that I've seen working there, but he didn't give me a real recommendation on either Taylor. As I mentioned before, the store was closing for the night, and he was busy helping other customers purchasing stuff, so that's not really a big deal.

Your description of ovangkol sounds a lot like what I'm after. Bass + focused high end would be very nice. Hopefully I'll find one that sounds like that to me. I wish I could get myself to like dreadnought acoustics but those have never been appealing to me for some reason. Not sure why. Also, I'm the kind of person who likes to stick with something; I don't really enjoy trading or selling gear away. Usually, when I get something, I hold onto it, be it because I'm materialistic or I just like having something to call my own. I don't want to spend the time trading something around because I didn't like what I bought to begin with, especially if I'm spending over $1000 on an instrument. I sometimes wish I had that flexibility, but I'm not wired that way! I want it to be just right from the get go. Thanks for the input.