View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 07:40 AM

Thanks so much for the reply's. I can now see some what further through the fog. I grew up on Gibson's (electric hollow body) with my guitar teacher and have never given up wanting one. I have a Larrivee OM-03 quilted mahogany that I love, but would love to add an Gibson to the stable (since I mainly flatpick).

On a side note the Gibson's my guitar teacher had were unbeliveable. He had two custom hollow body (probly ES 335) that were just beautiful. He worked in the Gibson factory in Kalamazoo Michigan and played on the company jazz band. He was very very good and played with some of the great jazz playes of that day. He also during the war played for a radio station in San Diego and he showed me some recording that were done in some kind of wax(?) - great history lesson for me. Anyway back to the guitars they were total custom - gold fittings and custom inlays but it was not gaudy (even by Gibson standards). One day my elecltric needed a neck reset and he let me take one of his Gibson's so I could still practice (a high school kid no less). I took it home and opened the case and just stared at it. Back then those guitars were probly close to 10,000 I shudder to think what they would cost today. Thanks for letting me go down memory road.