View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 03:11 PM

Default Recording king ro-127

I have done a lot of searching for a all solid guitar under $600. After reading a ton of forums, and checking out the options, i decided on a ro-127. All solid rosewood back and sides for the price point sounded unreal.

My ultimate goal was to replace my martin 000-16gt, which i found too bright and not a good choice for flatpicking. I was choosing my 000 yamaha fg-170 over this for playability. The yamaha was a 24.9 scale and laminate, the martin 000-16gt was 25.5 and solid mahogany, so i figured i liked the shorter scale. I also played a friends martin SWOMGT with a 24.9 scale, liked the sound, but not the neck. I have a really nice froggy bottom dread i use when playing with other people, but I like something smaller and more comfortable to leave out around the house so i can play anytime.

This RO127 was just what i needed. The playability is fantastic, the soft v is very comfortable. Sound is very full and louder than i expected. Sound is getting better daily as it opens up. I can bang it around and not worry.

I was so impressed i picked up another Ro126 for my son. Give these a try and if you like what you hear join the club. I doubt you can find a better built guitar for the money.