View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
What are the other reasons? Any idea where this is documented, or why they would make their mic proprietary?
The other reasons are the unfriendly and standoffish customer service I received from them, and rather poor build quality in their preamps.

I have the Powermix Trinity installed in my guitar. It's their top of the line, most expensive internal pickup system. It has a 3 channel internal preamp that runs an undersaddle, pure western transducers, and a trinity mic, all with 3 band EQ, gain and a volume control.

Anyway, one of the resistors on the Mic channel was faulty from the factory, and eventually crapped out completely. I emailed them about a repair and was told in rather abrupt terms that being in the UK, I was essentially sh*t out of luck. No UK recommended repair guys, no warranty, not even an apology that their product was faulty.

I emailed to ask for the part number so I could get it repaired myself and got a one word response with the resistor value, still no hint of sympathy from them that their product had sh*t the bed.

After getting it back from my repair guy I was informed that the SMD components they use are the cheapest of the cheap. They also glue every component in while they solder them which makes them a pain in the butt to remove. Just poor class workmanship across the board.

So, that is why I'll no longer buy K&K.