View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
I just ordered the Bart Reiter Galax with Whyte Laydie tone-ring that just came in to Elderly Instruments. I had a 10% off code that could have been applied to any brand but I chose the Reiter for perceived tonal and craftsmanship value even though I've haven't actually touched a Bart Reiter product--must be the Stewart-MacDonald Five Star components that somehow assured me of its worthiness.

Yeah, I can dig your weight concerns as my Pisgah Tubaphone, I estimate, weighs-in at about 8 lbs. The Bart Reiter Galax will likely be about the same weight but both banjos are a heck of a lot lighter than my Deering Sierra 11 lb. boat anchor! Thanks Daryl for your feedback on the Cedar Mountain Brainjo model as I just might consider one of those too!

Congrats! You can't go too far wrong with a Bart Reiter. In my experience, having owned 3 of them at different times, his banjos are consistently excellent and retain value very well.

I don't think the Galax will be too heavy - at least it doesn't have that beefy, nickel plated bracket band that the original WL's and Tu-ba-phones had.
Taylor GS Mini-e Spruce/Rosewood
Waterloo WL-S
Wechter TO-8418

Cordoba 24T tenor ukulele
Kanile'a Islander MST-4 tenor ukulele
Kiwaya KTC-1 concert ukulele
Kolohe concert ukulele
Mainland Mahogany soprano ukulele
Ohana SK-28 soprano ukulele
Brüko No. 6 soprano ukulele