View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 12:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRacc00n View Post
....but I think it's also strength in your middle and ring finger so that I can have them pressed down hard enough in their positions so as to not be dragged along by the pinky.
Be careful about that.
That might be the way you are making some headway at this moment, with your overly dependent pinky situation, and that's fine for now if you feel it is helping, but keep in mind that pressing fingers down hard for this particular chord shape (D) and pinky movement, and so many other positions, is not necessary, and just creates needless muscle tension in your fingers, hand, arm even, which is never good in the long run.
I'll think you'll figure that out on your own once your pinky develops better independent range, but be mindful of that.
Finger strength is a good thing, but it shouldn't be used to press down overly hard.
Work on some finger independence drills in general, in addition to this particular challenge. That will speed up your pinky independent motion progress.

Golf is pretty simple. It's just not that easy.
- Paul Azinger

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."
– Mark Twain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gitfiddlemann