View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
Yamaha SLG200S. Hybrid guitar should be ok in the heat, decent sounding pickup Yamaha SRT63 with onboard effects.

Or have someone run your guitar home for you, if that is an option.
My SLG200S is sitting on the stand 10 feet from me as I type this. I would disagree with you on one point-I think it sounds much better than decent! In fact, my sound guys always compliment its tone when I use it. And I do agree, I feel less stressed when I leave it in my car.
As much as I love it for its truly unmatched versatility as a practice tool, performance worthy sound, portability and stability, I still prefer using a guitar with a complete body, for some reason. In fact, I have been thinking that if I was a product manager at Yamaha my first project would be to build a solid body acoustic guitar with the SRT system in it. Sounds like a nice line extension within the A Series. I mean, they make solid body and chambered electrics and a great preamp, so what’s the issue? BTW, my second project would be a “Silent Electric” with the THR modeling and effects built in. Or an SRT pedal? Or a THR 25 combo?

1998 Very Sweet Wife
2000 Cute Daughter (Grand Concert)
2005 Handsome Son (Dreadnought)
2007 Lovely Daughter (Parlor)
2017 Cute Puppy (Duke the Uke)