Thread: Useless Gifts
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterhound View Post
No gift is useless .
At the least , you can complain about it .
I like that...some people enjoy a good complaining, after all...I am not immune to such, so I will indulge here...

For me, a truly useless gift is something like a tie, or a CD of music I don't like, such as Yani, or some such drivel...

Some people seem to have a real knack at giving gifts that are just so wrong, it's almost touching...

My father was a master at such, particularly when I was young. For example, I'd go on about a toy rocket, that would shoot into the air, a hundred feet up, and I'd get the useless version, that would go five feet, and then be broken. Or, the bike, with the streamers and three speeds, and get my sisiter's hand me down, ten-year old girl's bike. It was only years later, that I realised he was just a really cheap, er, frugal, person...

Myself, I hate the gift-giving expectation, that is this season...I'm better at giving gifts, when no one expects them...

Oh, I forget the really useless gift--a card. Even the cleverest of them are no more than a two-second smile, heading for the circular file...
Taylor 150E
Taylor Limited Edition 326ce 8-string baritone
Various other instruments