Thread: Bridge Crack
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreakdays View Post
Yes, but there is no harm in the OP posting a picture, rather than posting no picture at all, as well as going to a guitar tech. And unfortunately, in my experience, a guitar tech may be someone on minimum wage working at a music shop who's had half an hour of training on how to adjust a truss rod - for someone who may be new to guitars and doesn't know where all the good guitar techs are, they may be handed over to one of these people if they take it back to the store they bought it from.
Those are valid points, though I think I did say to find an experienced repair tech. The best option for the OP is to contact Martin to find the nearest Martin Authorized Warranty Repair station, but if there are none in his area then finding an experienced repair tech is the next best thing.

I'm not trying to be a doom-ridden Cassandra prophesying disaster if my recommendations aren't followed to the letter. And of course there's no harm in posting a photo. Where I see the danger is if there's a problem that can't be captured by a photo, and then the assumption is made that there's no problem at all.

There probably isn't, but why take that chance?

whm