View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basalt Beach View Post
I should have used the exact term of the Ski Patrol, as I was told by Greg, my friend. The individual was "reckless" per the patrol and had been previously cited for reckless behavior on the mountain (which he learned as part of process in suing the 20 something). This individual was not a beginner, this occurred on the mountain where two trails meet up and Greg was stopped by the edge of the trail. Greg, who is a expert skier had just come down a double black.

This individual was considered "reckless" as he could not control his speed and stop, he entered the trail from an area marked "out of bounds" where he should not have been skiing. Fortunately, for Greg, the ski patrol, was right there when it happened. He suffered broken ribs, a punctured lung and a severe head injury and concussion. None of us knew about for a week or so as he was unconscious. I remember getting the call when he came out of the coma. His injuries were so severe he was airlifted to the regional medical facility.

Negotiating?
My former employer offered a CDHP plan about a eight years ago. CDHP stood for Consumer Driver Health Plan and I signed up for it. When I tried to negotiate the fees with the hospital for a procedure, I was told I could not. (I was responsible for a deductible and had a maximum out of pocket, so I thought I could negotiate that portion). The hospital turned me down and referred me to our insurer. My company insurer told me the name, CDHP, was a marketing name and that it did not mean I could negotiate anything. The insurer said, they had already negotiated all the fees and I was responsible for the deductible and maximum out of pocket. So much for a gimmicky name...
Sounds like you had issues with your employer and the insurer .
The hospital acted within the agreement .
Funny thing about contracts . We like them until we find ourselves being bitten by one .
Sue the hospitals , that will cause them to need to charge even more .
Can you not see the vicious circle here ?