View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 09:28 AM

OP here. Student is practicing hard, doing her best and very interested in advancing. I would say that her skills with both hands are equivalent so far. If I see for example, that she cannot get her strumming to advance beyond absolute beginner level, I'll lend her a "right-handed" guitar and ask her to try a switch even if only temporary. She wants to learn (model student) everything...fingerstyle, strumming, various musical styles. FYI she is an adult, has high expectations in everything she learns, and gets migraine headaches. OK I love her...she's my niece. She's been playing for 3 weeks total. Can form 8 chords but none are sounding clean yet.

I posted a thread a little over 2 years ago about a new student with mental illness who wanted badly to learn metal and rock guitar. He can now play rythym for 30 rock and metal tunes, and other skills. His confidence as a person has slightly improved. I received very helpful advice from this forum and I thank everyone for their input on that, and on this, request.