View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 01:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDigger View Post
Great review and I'm glad that you are liking it so far. I got mine used, but like new for $200, so I felt it was a good investment that I don't mind putting some upgrade money into. I changed out the tuners to locking Fender tuners ($100). That put me right at $300 total. I then purchased some new pots and a switch, which added another $30. Then I just recently switched over to Fender CS Fat 50s, which was more in line with my music style ($100). A setup and installing the items above was $100. So, now I have exactly what I want for around $500. I also added an extra string and tightened down the tremolo bar.

It's a perfect playing and sounding guitar with an awesome feeling neck, beautiful Daphne blue body, and all the parts I like so much. It's money well spent! This guitar was really good from the start, but now I'm really loving it!

The unlimited ability to upgrade guitars like this is a big plus. I will eventually make this into a $500-$600 guitar that sounds and plays like a $1200 guitar. I will also enjoy making into something that is my own creation. It isn't bad from the factory, though, so until I decide which direction to take this one, she's just fine.

One thing is certain, I will not muck up the color scheme in any way. The pickups, knobs, etc. will be matching to the same theme. I can have what I want and still keep it beautiful.