View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickcity View Post
So I had a moment of weakness and ordered a Squier Stratocaster deluxe in Daphne blue...I have owned a couple of Squiers and they have proven to be acceptable instruments, and then some. I own a Squier Telecaster that I used for a long time for live gigs and it has served me well.

Anywho, I wanted the maple fretboard and when I saw the Daphne/maple combo in the deluxe model (w/Seymour Duncans) I could not resist. I cannot find this combination for a Telecaster anywhere, so I settled for a Strat, which is just fine with me. I need another Strat, anyway...These are out of stock everywhere so it will probably be a couple of weeks before it arrives. Can't wait!
Beautiful! Enjoy it!

About twenty years ago when my son was about fifteen we spent about three hours in GC while he played seemingly everything in there within the budget of money he had saved. Even at that age he was a magnificent guitarist. When we first walked in the door and he told the guy what he was looking for and his price range, the salesman handed him a Squeir and he wouldn’t play it. Finally the salesman said “humor me, just play it for a minute.” As soon as he got about three notes into his practice lick his face lit up. He took it home.

Since then he has graduated college and gone through several guitars, but still has that old Squeir.
2017 Les Paul Tribute Model
Bugera V22 Tube Amplifier
1969 Oscar Teller Classical
Martin DRS2
Yamaha FG700S