View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 05:35 PM

Im sure it is a different beast than the m80, but I have an M1 that I have used in both a weissenborn and a parlor guitar.
Also I haven't used an Aura or a Venue preamp, but I do own a Radial PZ pre, a DTar solstice and a Pendulum Hz10se.

I have also used a Fishman Pro platinum , a Yamaha AG Stomp, ULtrasound, Baggs PADI.

For sheer usefulness and flexibility the PZ pre , which also sounds great is the unit I use when I am only bringing a single piece of gear. It gives you tone shaping , feedback management, the right kind of impedance input for piezo and humbucking pickups. It sounds great.It has very flexible routing options, stomp switches for mute and channel changing. About the only drawback I can see with it is it only has one eq line so if you are using dual source, or multiple instruments, there is a slight limitation. Hardly a deal breaker. Also its built like a tank.

The Dtar Solstice is also a great unit , two channel blending preamp with slightly less eq flexibility than Radial , but two seperate channels and 4 inputs each with their own level control. Might seem like over kill but if you want to run a dual source pickup and a mic for maximum detail and tonal presence you can, and I have.

The Pendulum preamps which retail a couple of grand new are the best absolutely.
I picked up my HZ 10 se which is the mono version of their current model for around 400 bucks, its awesome , 4 band parametric eq which sounds great.

The Radial and the Dtar are in the 300-400 dollar range, and I realize you are using only a single source pickup , but they in my opinion sound incredibly nice and are well worth the investment.

Hope that is helpful