View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 06:52 PM
Guest 928

Default thin body, nylon string, electric, no-holes guitar

As most of you know, I am into nylon string guitars. In one five year period I went through 40-some guitars. I'm now going back to pursue one particular type of nylon string guitar--the electric.

I've owned the Gibson Chet Atkins and Godin solid body electric nylon string guitars which were early entries into electrified nylons. They were both way too heavy for my taste. The Parker is a cool solid body guitar, but it is too light for my taste. What I would like is a hollow body nylon string electric.

The Kirk Sand and Rick Turner seem to be the top of the thin, hollow-bodied, electric nylon string guitars, but they are beyond my price point as far as exploration is concerned. And so, I've been looking at the bottom of the line.

I would be interesting in knowing if any of you have had any experience with any of the inexpensive products. For examples: the Angel Lopez ec3000cn, the Antonio Hermosa Ah-50, the Hadean EA-100.

I would also be interested in other options along the same line. This type of guitar is a jazz instrument. I suspect that it has a fairly limited market, but an important one. I would like to see, what the fuss?