View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Musical minimalist

Default Eastman AC512 short scale w/OHSC 450.00 and shipping

Eastman is sold

Great sounding and playing all solid wood short scale OM guitar with finish checking (see below) thus the low price.

This doesn't need much description for the Eastman buffs out there. These are really, really nice instruments for the money. I've had several of these 500 series guitar in the last couple of years and they are always "headshakers" (how can they do that so cheap??)

This one was marked as a second because of finish checking in the top. If I had to guess, it happened on the way from the distributor to the store because there's not really any evidence it's been played. The only other imperfection on the guitar is a tiny chip out of the finish on the binding on the lower bass bout (can bee seen in one pic)

Zero fret wear, great neck angle, case in 9.8/10 condition with truss wrench in pocket. The nut is 1 3/4, but the spacing at the nut is 1 7/16 - closer to what a 1 11/16 would normally be. The saddle is a hair over 2 1/8. Short scale length at 25".

I've just buffed out the entire body, cleaned and conditioned the fingerboard, polished the frets, tweaked the setup a bit and installed a fresh set of EJ16's.

I had awful lighting here today, so I had to resort to bright incandescent light on a hard angle to get the checking to show up - it's not nearly as bad in person as the pics make it out to be, but I wanted to show everything.

PRICE DROP TO 430 PLUS SHIPPING/PAYPAL

Firm price is 495 and actual shipping to the lower 48 only on my FedEx account. Add 10.00 for paypal and I'll cover the rest if you want to go that route. Will ship in it's original Eastman box with lots of extra padding!!

Again, sorry for the poor quality pics - it's an all day rain day here today and VERY gloomy.

you can see a couple of the checks a little in this one....

you can see the finish chip on the binding in the upper right here....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by fitness1; 11-12-2013 at 10:10 PM.