Thread: LR Baggs Lyric?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohachris View Post
It's market share he's after. Slick Marketing to the entry-level will get it for him.
nothing cynical there...

Alohachris, obviously anyone with a business is concerned about selling products. There is nothing wrong with that. Like you, Baggs products have not worked for me up to this point. Neither of us is crazy about under-the-saddle pups. I do like a magnetic pup as part of my sound which you do not like at all. Unlike you, I've not found an internal mic that made me happy. Different strokes... I'm not crazy about the Baggs magnetics but I respect what they have tried to accomplish with them. I have met Lloyd Baggs a few times and he strikes me as someone who is working to put out the best products he can and is working very hard to produce a product that gives a more accurate picture of an acoustic guitar.

The PZM technology in the mic portion of the Anthem and now the Lyric is different than putting a mic on a gooseneck inside a guitar. Making that work, could be an improvement in accuracy and feedback rejection. I certainly won't write that off until I've heard it and as I said, if I can add a Sunrise to it and it works as well as my first impressions listening to the clips, I could be very interested in one.
that's me on guitar