View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
The SL was set up the way it was because testing by performers bore out that in the most practical sense and in real life use most Anthem users set the levels of the UST at or near where the SL UST resides. Then the ability to increase or decrease the amount of microphone dialed in or out is all that was left to monkey with.
Obviously, you like the ability to fine tune your amplified signal to suit your ears and that's why you would prefer the Anthem.
Baggs guys told me for the general populace it seems to be overkill.
Oh I understand it, I just don't like the tone of the tru-mic enough to like the blend set that high. I wouldn't say I am big on fine tuning, I just think with the SL, they went a bit to the extreme with it. I have been over at the Baggs forum before as well and a lot of the employees that post there, also comment on the fact that the SL tends to have a clearer tone than the full anthem, when the tru-mic on the full anthem is set to the same area as where the sl is. I am not sure if this is the case but I have definitely always heard a hi-fi quality to the sl that I don't fully hear with the full anthem.