View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 01:13 PM
Charter Member

Default NCFGD! Rainsong hybrid dread H-DR1100N2

The new hybrid arrived this morning. I have never played one of these, so I had to buy based on perceptions from YouTube videos. Here are my thoughts...

I have not had a chance to really dig into it yet, as I'm actually working today. I played it this morning for maybe 45 minutes. The fit and finish is very good. I do get just a little fret buzz when I really dig in but that's likely due to the low action. The action really is good on this guitar and the neck is almost perfect for me. I can't overstate how much I like the neck.

It's tone is very good. It's hard to describe, but I wouldn't necessarily call it the same as a Martin. It has great resonance and the bass notes are similar to my D18. Not as booming as my D35. Honestly, they are just about perfect. I really like the tone of this guitar.

So, I am honestly very pleased with this purchase. It's a very light and well built guitar and should suit my needs perfectly. I'm still deciding which pickup to install, but I have some time to decide that.