View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm View Post
I saw the Dead 30 times and they had a huge influence on me musically. I am not a Deadhead any longer and in retrospect believe that the whole scene was entirely unhealthy. There was a darkness underneath the facade of peace/love. One bad trip at a Dead show turned my life around. Ahhh, but that is another story...
Totally agree with that. But I don't think that was the band as much as it was the fans. I'll never forget walking by a VW bus and seeing some guy shooting up in the back like it was no big deal. That kind of stuff is pretty scary.

The unfortunate result of the Dead and the links to the psychedelic scene is that a lot of people (a few of whom I knew) who wanted to get more inside the scene ended up with serious drug problems. I'm glad that I never ventured that far into the inner circles of the fanbase.

That which is good or great makes itself known, no matter how loud the clamor of denial. -- Theodore F. MacManus

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell -- Christopher Walken