View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkenweg42 View Post
Like Cosine already mentioned your problem might not be string related at all but to your set up. Your neck should be almost straight. Once you have it straight your guitar's action should be adjusted on the nut and/or saddle. No string will make up for a lousy set up.
My recomendation is to bring it to a good guitar tech and have him deal with it.
I checked my "Dan Erlewine Repair Guide" and figured out what happened. It's been a very, very humid summer in NY so the guitar top has softened up thus making the action higher. When I brought this home from the shop, it had a fantastic low action setup (that's one of the reasons why it came home with me). He suggests have another "lower" bridge made for the summer months, but I think that's overkill. I ordered a few sets of Newtone Heritage to see if that will help, but It should only be like this for a little more than a month or so. I have the truss rod adjusted so the neck is straight as an arrow and it's playable - just not exactly how I like it - still a touch flubby. I'm only using 11's so I guess that's the downside with these soft cedar tops. I have a feeling the newtones will work out nicely on these guitars...