View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 10:17 AM

I hear you Cpt. Jim, I played a jam yesterday for 3 hours straight and used my Shorty, only black guitar in the group....LOL but let me tell you it was great! I use a little tiny Fender amp about 12" square don't know the model but I put it under my folding chair and plugged in the Rainsong. Most didn't even realize it was amped but I put just enough volume I could be heard well over the bass and mando.
I got a bunch of compliments on the new guitar and people remarked how usually they couldn't hear my guitar well enough now it was perfect! After two hours the back of the neck got a little tacky on me but I just grabbed my polish cloth and a quick wipe down took care of it.
I am completely sold on these carbon guitars regardless of make. I won't be buying any more wood myself. As much as I love my wood guitars all the anxiety I used to feel at jams about my guitar getting banged by another instrument or mic, or worry about it sitting on the stand while people were walking around on break, etc. is gone. I really appreciate that, i don't abuse it but I don't worry about it either.
My Santa Cruz was 6500 big ones and taking it anywhere makes me paranoid. So it stays home, also if it was stolen well it would be hard to replace. Carbon I could just order another and it would be the same.....