View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyg1 View Post
You might want to look into the DTar Wavelength as your under saddle. The 18v pre should make a huge difference in headroom when you strum. The Fishman matrix is a fairly good sounding UST (but does vary, I've got at least 5 of them that came in some of my guitars and out of those, only two ring nicely. The poorest sounding ones either boom or tin out).

I'd love to try a tonedexter someday. I'm reading this thread with some interest. Wonder where Cuki79 is though.
I am here following, don't want to interfere... With my system it is easy to compare: pickup, mic and pickup with IR.

I wish someone post samples from a regular quacky ust transducer, with heavy strumming. I think it would Be even more convincing.

From the patent, one can read they use a reference IR to select information from the learning phase. I bet the reference IR was made with a piezo ust pickup.

Anyway I Remember about the story mischief told me about the beatbuddy. I don't want my personal opinion to influence anyone. Especially since I can't even test the pedal here in Europe.
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/

Last edited by Cuki79; 04-22-2017 at 11:54 AM.