View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaniac View Post
Thanks for the report. David.

Did you need to do anything at all (invert the phase, use the sweepable notch, roll off the bass) to deal with feedback or a boominess problem?

Have you found a use for the "character" function yet (like cutting through the band mix), or does some added "character" still seem counterproductive for your personal taste in tone and your live performance needs?
The VFW gig is kind is almost like an open mic. It's extremely hurried. One band leaves and you hurry on stage and do your thing asap.

During the first set I plugged-in and got more than acceptable sound immediately, and frankly didn't even think about adjusting the character. I didn't adjust anything at all, not even the volume as it was in the ball park.

The sound isn't even close to being boomy. If it had any negative characteristics it would be thinness compared to a regular system. But again, a mic'd guitar does sound thin.

On the second set, the host (whose a bit of a tinkerer) came up and helped me setup and he adjusted the mids on the Fender acoustic amp (pulled it down). This was a pleasant change as it gave my vocals a bit of room.

I've got a three hour gig in a big bar next month and I'll definitely do some experimenting with all the controls. By then I'll have it running into a DigiTech RP360 for some polish (parametric eq, reverb).

Last edited by buzzardwhiskey; 04-22-2017 at 09:02 AM.