View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 03:34 PM

In the current Guitar World Acoustic(Aug/Sept 2005-with Dave Grohl on the cover) they reviewed the Rainsong Advanced A-WS100 and the Emerald Artisan X10(both acoustic electric). According to them the Emerald is an entirely one piece guitar-frets glued dierctly to the neck(25.5 inch scale). Stated had low action which made it a "joy to play".Has Sperzel locking tuners like the CA Bluegrass.According to the review has "smooth sound" with "warm mids", single notes sustain well with "rich overtones". Strummed "sounds compact and tight if a little compressed". In my opinion it has an ugly bridge that reminds me of a Dean, and an awful electric guitar looking headstock.Overall they say is an "outstanding instrument" that plays "beautifully". At the price they quote is about a big bill more than the CA Legacy with electronics and a litle more than that for the Rainsong Advanced. The Rainsong Advanced got a bigger write up. Permag had sound that was "even and well defined" and had a lot of "sustain and meat". Referred to it as a "versatile guitar" suitable for a "wide range of playing styles". I definitely may have to think about trading my CA in for one. Hope this helps. Patrick