View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 09:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadol View Post
FedEx is a well known company, but it is really a loosely run organization that uses a huge number of "private contractors" who really have little or no concern about whether they get their job done well or not. When it all works, its fine, but even when they know about problems, they'll put more effort into covering them up and apologizing profusely than into solving them. I have 34 boxes sitting in my warehouse after waiting for 9 hours today for a scheduled pickup this morning - I spoke to 6 different customer service agents, who up until noon assured me they were on their way, from noon until 5 assured me they would be here before 6 and would call me shortly to confirm a time, and after 5:30 I was told that they were very sorry but they were suppoosed to be here before noon, and they were very sorry but they needed to reschedule for 8 to noon tomorrow. And I have no choice but to believe them -

This isn't the first time this has happened, and if it weren't at the insistence (and expense) of the customer who I ship all this product to, I'd have dropped FedEx long ago - now I think I am going to add service fees for any customer who insists on using them -
I hear you. We get the same thing all the time when we have freight and other pickups.

Jason, sorry to hear about the lost guitar, but I imagine it will eventually turn up. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a sweet deal on a Kostal.