Thread: Bedell guitars?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 11:05 PM
Charter Member

Bedell is fairly unknown, and with his inexpensive Chinese-made guitars having sold for such low prices, there is a bit a stigma attached to the name still.

I know of him from buying the Breedlove Company and pretty much supporting them without running roughshod over the affair... I know he's been building his guitars in an adjacent portion of the Breedlove factory, and I know that he's making some VERY nice guitars.

I've really only had my hands on a couple; both Parlors, and both were EXCEPTIONAL little guitars... one had maple and spruce with a marvelous reddish 'burst to it, and my playing partner bought the other one, a darker sunburst w/ rosewood b/s.

My friend's Bedell has transformed remarkably in the two years he's had it. Of course, he plays it a LOT! Went through a 4-6 month period where he played that thing upwards of 8 hours a day, enough to go through a set of Elixir Mediums in a week...

I don't know that I'd pay top dollar for one, but make no mistake; Bedell guitars are some serious instruments and well worth a good look and listen...
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman