View Single Post
Old 12-03-2001, 03:41 PM

Hey from NC:

Regarding the 810 WMB, I had one and just sold. Check out my serial number in the information below, it may be mine! I have kiked myself for selling it in the first place.

Here are the details and comments (Acoustic Guitar & Taylor) on this fine guitar.

Ron
Lonesome Picker (NC)
Taylor 810 WMB
Serial # 970805105 (was mine)

Guitar World Acoustic, No. 24

(The issue with Jerry Garcia on the front cover), on page 96 has an article entitled
"Boomer Baby-Taylor 810 WMB" by Chris Gill. To quote excerpts, he writes: "In order to accommodate flatpickers who like a deep low end, Taylor has come up with a guitar with booming bass response: the limited edition 810 WMB. Like Taylor's standard 810 model, the WMB (which stands for "wood binding, more bass") has a highly attractive solid Sitka spruce top, solid Indian rosewood back and sides, an ebony fretboard and gold-plated tuners..."

Gill adds: "In fact, the main difference between the 810 WMB and the 810 is that the WMB is designed with a special top bracing pattern that provides phenomenally loud yet tight bass response. All it takes is one vigorous strum to realize that this guitar is meant to speak with a deep, authoritative voice. But the Taylor's enhanced bass does not come at the expense of the treble and midrange, as in the case in so many dreadnoughts".

From Taylor Guitars to RMMGA member: 7/26/2000

We introduced the 810wmb ("Wood binding, More Bass" - the binding is not white maple - $2,198 U.S. Retail in '97) as part of 5 Limited Edition Guitars in the Summer 1997 issue of Wood & Steel. New methods for top and back bracing were incorporated into the design of the instrument, giving it the power to yield more bass response. It was built standard with all-solid wood construction throughout, 900 Series rosewood back/sides, 900 Series rosewood binding (red purfling), Sitka spruce top and a wood-trimmed abalone rosette, in addition to the other standard 800 Series appointments. These tended to be incredibly loud guitars, with a more predominant bass response.

Total Production: (279)
Hope that helps! Let us know if there's anything else you need...

Taylor Guitars