View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggleman View Post
I use the EHX Pitch Fork on my board with my acoustic guitar rig. I only really use five (5) pedals, one of which is a sort of mixer/DI box. A tuner, into a EHX Pitch Fork, Danaelectro Cool Cat Chorus ( the older all metal 18 volt late 1990's model) and the Seymore Duncan Vapor Trail delay. All of these are in the effects loop of a Pigtronix Keymaster mixer/DI box. Works really well with my Taylor GA8 with the ES1ver.2 electronics.

On a side note: no need for reverb with the above effects, I will explain in another post, but not now.

Now, for the explanation and experiences with the Pitch Fork. It does wonders and can really open up your sound with an acoustic. I use too main settings on it for most of my playing. Setting One, which is an octave up and down, but I put the switch to down so only the lower octave is playing and by adjusting the mix, its fantastic for filling up the lower end of a acoustic. The other setting I use is the detune setting with the switch set to its middle position. Mix at about 10, this delivers a unique chorus which fills a room with multiple guitars.

This pedal is inexpensive and well worth a look.

I also own the POG2 but find it more useful with my electric solid body guitar endeavors than I do with acoustic. It will do the same thing that the Pitch Fork will, but requires a little more fooling around with controls and understanding what the attack settings are doing. Also much more expensive. However, that being said, I am glad I have both and they will not leave my arsenal of effects.

Brad
Interesting setup....I've looked at the Pitchfork, though mostly for my electric rig. That Keymaster is worth checking out, thanks for the info.

'98 Martin HD-28VR, '98 Bourgeois Martin Simpson European, '98 Collings CJmha