View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 08:27 PM
Charter Member

Default Octave Pedals for Acoustic Guitars

I would love to hear more about the POG2 or any other of the EHX POGs. I tried the POG2 out at Elderly just yesterday. I had a tough time maintaining equal volumes when switching back and forth from dry/bypass and running the effects. However, all I am really looking for dropping an octave. I know a lot of the guitar players in Celtic bands, the Duhks, John Doyle use similar octave pedals to get the big bass sound. I saw the Duhks earlier this summer with a replacement guitar player and he was not using an octave pedal and their sound dearly suffered. It was almost as though they had lost their signature sound. I ran out of time, at Elderly, but I'm quite certain I wouldn't need the high end POG2 because I was only happy with dropping one octave. I have no use for the other sounds like organ and twelve string. I tried the two octave drop with several amps and nothing really seemed to handle the two octave drop very well. So if anyone has experience with any of the other EHX POGs. I'd like to hear about it.

I have searched web for info relative to the POG with the use of acoustic guitars and I have struck out. Any references or opinions would be welcome. Thanks