View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 11:18 AM

Talking

Obviously lots of lookers at this thread but no replies. I am back from Montreal and came back with not one but two spectacular Blueberry Guitars. For those that don't know them Blueberry is relatively new...a couple of years since startup. I picked up a Grand Concert size cutaway with a stunning cedar top and rosewood back and sides. Has an carved ebony headstock, carved with a celtic design and ebony fret board with beautiful abalone and wood inlay. A carved ebony bridge, also with celtic design. The rosewwood is also quite spectacular and both the sides and back are also carved. The back with a beautiful crouching tiger and the sides with celtic knot type of design. The setup on this guitar seems to be perfect for me. The action is nice and low. The inside of the guitar is neat and tidy....no glue blobs or anything like that. The guitar literally just sings, great base response, ringing trebles and a nice even balance across the strings. The guitar comes with a dark blue hardshell case with the Blueberry name in gold and lifetime warranty and a hand carved ebony Blueberry key chain. This guitar is nothing short of spectacular to look at and and sounds as good as it looks. I will post pictures as soon as my batteries are charged for my camera.

The second guitar is a dreadnaught without cutaway. Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides. I will post my review on this one later as I can't put down the Concert size model. Check out the Blueberry add on page 46 of the March issue of Acoustic Guitar magazine.

I'll be back with pics and more thoughts later!!