View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Howell View Post
fine as it goes. I would look at other mic options — at that price range have a loo at the new Mojave 1000 mic and others. The are new designs, made for the digital world and I think better value for money.
I get it about trying other mics, but in the Studio Neumann U87 (original) has always served me well, & I use the Neumann KMS105 "live"...The Neumann sound fits my voice, so no need to look elsewhere....

It just so happened there was an 18 month offer at 0% interest on both items which made this a no brainer for me....Neumann was the only Microphone brand partaking other than the AKG 414 (which I have used and doesn't do much for my particular vocals)....The promo deal got me going and I pulled the trigger

I messed with it a little last night and cannot believe I was using the AT4040 for years and never "thought" to upgrade in the past 6 years. $4000 keyboards, $4000 guitars & a $300 microphone for a Singer/Songwriter....Not sure why I never even considered upgrading at all in 6 years, but that problem is now solved...

Got 11 days off of work starting today....Ho Ho Ho....

Breedlove American C25 SME--Neumann KMS 105---Fishman Loudbox Performer---KORG PA 4X--Tascam DP 24
God, My Guitar, & Me

Last edited by SteveA; 12-22-2017 at 09:42 AM.