View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 11:08 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray Van Kirk View Post
Well, I didn't have the money to try and build anything other than some version of a box, so I tried to make it as far away from 1:1:1 as I could get. The loft, the hallway leading back to the bathroom door, and the vaulted ceiling will help some, tho' not as much as designing some seriously asymmetrical weirdness, which would have been fun! The overall structure itself is 14 x 22 with the ceiling angle beginning at 8 feet (I think...)

Acousticado - yah, I will post pics when it's all done. There was originally a shed in the backyard built in the 50s made of old growth redwood. I took that apart board by board (and spider by spider) and saved as much of it as I could for the trim and one wall and such. Ray Bradbury said "Go to the edge and jump and build your wings on the way dawn". I used to make a living playing music but woke up one morning and was a single Dad. So the last 20 years have been Dadhood (which I wouldn't trade for anything) but last year everything converged at the same time so I quit the day job, moved down to California from Alaska, and am building the studio and touring to play music full-time again.

My Dad says he goes out onto the porch every morning to listen to me screaming "Where are my wings?! Where are my wings?!"

:-p
Haha! Seems like you’ve paid your dues and are about to re-realize your dream. Good on ya!