View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 01:43 PM

It's too bad you don't live on this side of the pond. You could spend a few $$ and travel to Chicago to visit CME... They always have a good selection of used 335's.

The one thing about Gibson is their reputation for consistent inconsistency. You could find a studio model that is a gem and a standard that is a dog. As your SOLE electric I wouldn't try to talk you out of a Gibson 335. Personally I'd rather have an Epiphone 335 model over the Gibson Studio, but that's me. But there are a couple other 335 models that (IMO) opinion put Gibsons to shame. The Heritage is the brand that took over the Gibson factory in Kalamazoo. While I don't like the shape of their headstocks, their instruments (IMO) are superior to Gibson. Collings is another brand that produces outstanding 335's. I have a friend who owns both The Heritage LP and a 335 and while I don't have a Gibson 335, The Heritage LP model puts my Gibson Standard to shame.
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS