View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 07:17 PM
Charter Member

Default Stolen/ Missing Guitar alert

To the AGF community,

Please be on the lookout for a 2016 Kostal OO, serial number 96, made with a German Spruce top and Honduran Mahogany back and sides. This is a one-of-a-kind (The only mahogany OO that I have made) instrument that was recently sold through Guitar Gallery TN and disappeared after being dropped off at the local FEDEX location in Nashville, TN. The guitar was sold to one of Guitar Gallery's clients, and Robin Weber dropped it off at FEDEX for overnight delivery. The cameras show her dropping the guitar off, and the scanned receipt shows that the guitar was accepted on Dec 22nd. Shortly thereafter it ceases to exist in the FEDEX system, and no video or scan can determine what happened to it after it arrived at the FEDEX facility. This guitar is valued at over $16,000 and a police report has been filed. It has been over two weeks now, so while it is possible that it got lost in the warehouse and may still show up, it is most likely the result of theft. Attached are pictures of the guitar itself, and I would ask those that search ebay or any of the boutique guitar stores, forums or sales-based websites to be on the look out for it in the event that it shows up for sale somewhere. This is the second time that a Guitar Gallery guitar has disappeared at the SAME FEDEX location in less than a few months. The first time it was chalked up as a loss, but now there seems to be a pattern. The boxes are not marked, so whoever is taking them has no idea what is inside. Because this is a one-of-a-kind guitar, selling it will be difficult, and I am hoping someone out there will see it when, and if, it happens. I am still hopeful that it will show up at the FEDEX location at some point, but If you see this guitar, please contact myself at [email protected] or Robin Weber at Guitar Gallery so that we can notify the police. Robin had third party insurance that will cover the loss and reimburse the client, but the client that bought the guitar is pretty upset. It would be nice to see this guitar either returned to the client that bought it, or at least returned to Robin so that someone else can enjoy it. Thank you!