View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 10:22 PM

I'm a fan of the Sunnys also. I've done the buy a bunch of brands, record them fresh and at a pre-determined change interval and compare at a later date thing. They are a bit mellower out of the box than my 2nd choice out of those tests (Martin SP) but recorded better at the change (25 hrs). The playability and sustain that holds in tune have me captured for now. I use them on my rosewood dread and my mahogany 12 string and I'm very pleased with them on both.

I do have to admidt if the Curt Managan's I've tried recently were as comfortable I would likely switch, they too have a similar sustain and are brighter but are considerably stiffer. I am surprised with the Sunbeam lifespan too, they hold up very well for a non-coated string. I usually change strings about 25/30 hours (about once a month), for general clean up and out of habit, and I can't say they need changing at that point. Very nice strings.

I can see your point with your J-15, not all guitars respond alike, I guess that's why it seems like an endless quest, but relatively cheap entertainment too.
Kids got the others

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=797065