View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 08:16 AM

I too love my T5-12 for a lot of different reasons but primarily the control over the tone blends I have learned to use over the past few months.

I think your opening line pretty much describes the intent for your purchase "electric with acoustic capabilities". The Ovation uses an imaging processor for the acoustic tones and has separate out puts for acoustic-electric. It may be more of a fit for your intent.

Of course there is no substitue for playing both as in an A/B comparison. The downside to that is the T5 does have a learning curve that would be difficult to feel confident with when you 1st pick it up.

In an ideal set of circumstances if you could spend some time with each separately to find the settings you may use most for each, Then, A/B them with the same amp you may be able to feel more comfortable with your choice.

I am biased of course, but the fit/finish and playability of the T5's are outstanding (IMHO). Another consideration that has been threaded recently are the crowdsters, they also sound like a fine consideration.

Good luck, have fun, and play on!
Kids got the others

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=797065