View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 09:23 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmsstrider01 View Post
Lots of good feedback here. Thank you all. So far after 14 years of living on my boat I have not managed to damage any wood guitars. Maybe I have been lucky. I have a lot of Gas for this Emerald and am waiting for the seller to get back to me so I can drive the 1.5 hours and try it out. I understand that the Opus is the same as the Artisan except only in black and with crystal ice finish back and sides.
My humidity meter in my case right now reads 46. The humidity meter in my cabin reads 32. Lot of trouble maintaining the proper environment for my wood guitar. If the Emerald sounds as good as I am told , I will be very tempted. As far as having both, well, space and finances make that an iffy proposition. We will know more when/if I get to play it. I'll let you know. Thanks again for all the support, you don't find that much other places outside of this forum
Unless you know for sure that the Opus you're considering is black, it's not necessarily so. Emerald has produced a number of Opus models in their range of colors. Also, the tuners used on the Opus may be different than those used on an Artisan, and there may or may not be electronics. If the one you're looking at does have electronics, older ones likely have the barn door b-band, whereas newer ones likely have a Baggs system with soundhole controls.