View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 11:12 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Hi AcouStick, and fellow 6/12 Chimaera owner. There are only a few of us here so far. Welcome to the AGF. Beautiful guitar. Mine is amber. I love it. Amazingly fun, jumping back and forth between necks in a given song allows such interesting options.

Questions.....mine has the lightweight Gotoh Stealth tuners @ 11.4 grams each, and titanium trussrods, which is lighter overall than the latest versions because Alistair has dropped both, now installing Gotoh 510 tuners (on Artisan edition) @ 33.2 grams each and conventional steel truss rods. A fair bit of extra neck/headstock weight. I'm curious as to how you find the overall weight and balance of your new Chimaera. Is it neck heavy, prone to dive? What electronics are in yours and how do you like it so far. Mine has the Baggs Lyric, but I don't plug in often and never in a gigging situation.

Edit: I just read your review at the Emerald site. Well done. I agree. I still wonder about the weight of the tuners and truss rods though (although I realize you haven't experienced the lighter setup). Your remarks about the Baggs iBeam answered my question about the electronics on yours.

Last edited by Acousticado; 01-05-2017 at 01:11 AM.