View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 08:55 AM

Rich makes some valid points that are worthy of consideration. Let me share a different point of view. While it may certainly be true the “electronics” will change in the future, it does not mean the “electric-acoustic “guitars of today will be worthless in the future. If they sound great today, why should they not sound as good 10 years from now?

I now electric guitars are a different animal but how many people have to buy a new guitar because the new ones sound some much better? Quite the opposite is true. We spend huge dollars trying to recreate the sounds of the past. I like the pickups in my 30 year old guitars and use tube amps with 50 year old “technology” to get the tones want. Who is to say the same might not be true with the electric acoustic guitars of today? Maybe there will be a premium value applied to the value for those who love the sounds they create?
I know that I need a guitar that can be plugged in. I can’t use a microphone in most of the venues I play. I want a guitar that can plug in and go. It’s a tool, that’s what I need it to do. I’m not really looking at its value 10 years from now. If the retro series can give you the best of both worlds, great acoustic and amplified sound, sounds like a win-win to me.