View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Help!... Acoustic-y, electric tech question

Here's a brain-teaser for all those luthiers and techies out there:

Alright, here it goes...

I have an older Fender Telecaster Acoustic-Electric. (Not the Telecoustic, mind you, this one was an anniversary edition). Its very similar to a Gibby Chet Atkins, with a solid body, one f-hole, and blendable pickups. It has one Fender Lace sensor-ish pickup at the neck, and an active piezo in the bridge.

My problem is this: I'm getting very noticeable distortion from the piezo, along with an occasional pulsing, evenly timed "click". These aural anamolies show up through the amp. Not a bit of buzzing when you strum it unplugged, but when running with any piezo in the blend, its almost as if there is a ghost of a distorted electric running behind the acoustic sound. Confused, confused, confused. I replace the battery in the piezo a while ago, and that's when these problems started, but I don't see how putting in a new battery could cause all this. Any suggestions? I'm stumped. Thanks ahead of time...

Danny