View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 09:38 PM
Charter Member

I just have the Anthem SL version in my 6 and 12 string guitars; I like them a lot, too, and I'm glad you're happy with yours!

Only recently have I had the chance to fiddle with one of the Full Anthems, and it can do some cool stuff... Doug Young has an excellent video on "how it works" on the Baggs website (I believe he was doing a review of the unit for Acoustic Guitar magazine?).

It seems that, once you move the dial from "full True-Mic" that the Element UST begins to both move up in the mix and the UST begins reproducing ALL the frequencies, whereas in the "full" setting, it ONLY handles frequencies from 250 and lower... Certainly, if you found yourself playing in a full band where feedback was a problem, using more, if not all, of the UST signal would help with that...

Don't forget, you can always set the balance between the True-Mic and the Element (again, for the full mic position) by adjusting that tiny setscrew on the control module. With my SLs, I was told by Brian, the tech at Baggs, to set it using the system that I play through... and he warned me that, through another system or amp, I might need to set it up again to my tastes...

My two rigs are a Bose L1 Model II and an AER Compact 60; fortunately, the same balance setting works well with both...
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman