View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 08:59 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyFB View Post
http://www.shure.com/americas/motiv/mv88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Interesting. We talked about this briefly this past weekend while your guitar was getting set up but other things were going on so I couldn't ask more about it. I've been wanting to upgrade to something a bit less clunky (that didn't require adapters for the lightning connection or that I go through the process of importing prerecorded media to my library before importing into iMovie) than my old Zoom H2 and was looking around for attachments for my iPhone. This looks like it would fit the bill but the price seems a bit high for a single condenser. Are you familiar with the Zoom iQ6 and iQ7? If so how do they compare?
The Zoom iQ6 works very well. Only thing I don't like about it is the difficulty in getting it pointed in the same direction as the higher quality camera (out the back). The iQ7 is difficult to get perfectly adjusted for mic sensitivity. Lots of experimentation required and sometimes you just want to point and go.

The Shure MV88 looks to be very straight forward in terms of directionality. Only question that would remain for me would be audio quality. But the samples sound pretty darn good!