Thread: Fender Amp
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 02:37 PM

+1 on the Princeton sounding good.
I have also been playing acoustic gigs through all kinds of acoustic amps and PA's and mostly with K&K's and was getting what I needed, particularly with the Bose outfits. But I got a used rare earth to put in a 000-15S that was to be my beater for camping trips thinking maybe I'd use it for slide and blues stuff.

So I was camping with a crowd of musical people on a mountain top last year and suddenly was called upon to play some tunes in a barn and I had to use somebody's fender, and I was truly stunned at how good it sounded, and loud and clear. The rare earth is, after all, a humbucker pickup I guess.

Confession time, I happen to be really getting into my Telecaster lately (new 1 3/4 nut neck!) and got a '74 Princeton to fill out the outfit which it did nicely. But then yesterday I plugged that little Martin in again and was again really surprised at how nice and usable the sound was.

For me that means I can do some gigs using that amp with both guitars which I'm liking. The sound of that older Princeton with the tele had been blowing my mind, however, as a 50 year acoustic devotee...
2014 Republic Resolian 800
1985 Al Rice Cedar/Braz archtop dreadnought
1964 Framus Dreadnought
3 Telecasters MIM/Squier/Partscaster
1980 Gibson SG
2005 Ibanez AS83
1974 Princeton Reverb
1990 DRRI