View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 11:13 AM
Charter Member

I started out on a Electric which I still recommend because its easier on the hands to stick with for a few months to learn the basic chords. I got my first acoustic about 6 months after I started playing guitar. I over the next year got to the point where I was 50% Acoustic and 50% electric liking both equally for the next 10 years or so. I found that I enjoyed playing acoustic more at home and slowly got to where I wanted my Electric to play like my acoustic. I ended up really liking Gretsch guitars especially the Falcon and Phoenix models because of their large body and 25.5" scale length. I still own a Gretsch Black Falcon currently.

Over the last 12 years of my playing life I've slowly gone from 50/50 to 90/10 90% acoustic and 10% electric. I have tried going 100% acoustic but after a few months I get that electric itch and buy another Gretsch. I've tried various other Large body high end Electrics like the T3/B Taylor, Gibson ES-5, Gibson ES-335, PRS SCJ model and a few others. I always come back to being a Gretsch guy. They just sound look and feel right for my tastes. I have 4 high end acoustics and my Gretsch.

High End Guitar Review Videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rockinb23