Thread: Suzuki No.7
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 05:10 PM

hard to say anything with 100% certainty. It looks like a spitting image of the Yamaha Dynamics...and I see the cover is missing on the bridge of yours, should be a dot that fits into that hole but otherwise looks to be in very good condition...but I`d get those steel strings off it ASAP...could be doing damage to the neck and stressing the bridge. It has the same saddle as the Dynamics and is not compensated so steel strings don`t work. Can`t see into the sound hole so no idea if it has a solid top or not. Probably does not have a flat wide classical type neck right? More fatter and rounder?
Heres a No.6 on line in Japan right now, starting price of about $20.00 and thats is ballpark for them, has a zero fret like yours but different label...this one has 196- on it, common for many I see rom that decade. And there are many Suzuki labels and unless they are dated it`s pretty hard to come up with a precise year...I see it has Philips screws...my oldest ones have flat heads, the later Dynamics...and by later I mean early/mid 1960s have Philips as well as tuners and buttons exactly like those on your guitar. May bit a little brittle...careful, break a button and you may have difficulty finding a new set of tuners to fit. I`ve had to buy donor guitars to scavenge parts.

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c283706789

Last edited by sneaky; 02-25-2011 at 05:18 PM.