View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Humanist

I agree w/Jon...sometimes this place is a bit weird.

The thread subject-header here is:

Quote:
What is least costly way to ship an expensive acoustic guitar?
This automatically means that the OP knows he/she has an expensive instrument...and MY assumption was that the OP wanted a safe method of shipping, that would not cost the most amount of money...nor spend money frivolously on extras that are not needed.

I use FedEx all the time.

I almost never ship overnight (the most costly...and you can spend even more on "priority" and "first" overnight), and occasionally I ship 2-day (saves some money, but still a bit pricey)...but *I* have found that the most-affordable ("least costly") way to safely ship an "expensive" guitar is with FedEx three-day air. Good tracking, minimal handling, and of course the requisite air-transit.

Another not-often-mentioned benefit of their three-day air service is that depending on locations, they often will deliver in 2, rather than 3 days...and you've only paid for the 3-day service.

So rather than lecture the OP about spending money to suit the value of the guitar, perhaps we could simply offer the request for comments that acknowledge the value, but respect the request to find the least-costly shipping method.

Anyway...I think *my* solution is *best*!!!

100 Greatest Acoustic Guitarists

Steel-string guitars by Rebecca Urlacher and Simon Fay
Classical guitars by Anders Sterner